Besan Ladoo is a sweet dish prepared during Diwali as part of various mouth-watering sweet and savoury dishes also known as Diwali Faral. These are small sweet balls prepared using Gram Flour, Ghee and Sugar. It’s a common sweet
prepared across different states in India during festivals.
Preparation Time – 5 mins
Cook Time – 45 mins
Making Time – 30 mins
Total Time – 1 hrs 20 mins
- 4 bowl Gram Flour / Chickpea flour (Besan)
- 1 and 1/2 bowl pure Ghee
- 2 bowl Sugar powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 bowl Dry fruits like Almond, Pistachios, Raisins, Charoli
A) Process of Roasting Besan
- First finely grind the sugar in a mixer and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in kadai, add besan in it and keep the flame medium.
- Mix the besan well with ghee, if the mixture looks dry then add one or two teaspoon ghee.
- Stir the mixture very well and make sure that, the besan must be well mixed with ghee.
- While roasting the besan, keep the flame medium and stir continuously and to prevent burning the besan at bottom.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, the colour of besan begins to change and ghee is well mixed with besan, here continuously stirring is required, so that the besan roast evenly brown in colour.
- Now keep the flame low and roast the besan until it turns golden light brown colour and gets aromatic fragrance of roasting.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Here your roasted Besan is ready for making ladoo.
B) Process of making the Besan Ladoo
- Take the roasted besan in deep plate. Add sugar powder and cardamom powder in it.
- Mix the sugar and besan very well so that no lumps are formed. Here your ladoo mixture looks like greasy and soft.
- If the mixture looks like dry and not easy to make round shape ladoo, then add one or two teaspoon ghee and mix it well.
- Now take the small potion of mixture in hand and make balls. For decoration, keep dry fruits pieces on it and slight press it and again roll the ball properly. Keep the besan ladoo in a plate.
- Here are your sweet Besan Ladoos are ready to serve
Tips / suggestions:
- Roasting time is depending on, quantity of besan for roasting and how you keep the flame.
- Add or adjust the sugar.
- Add dry fruits picecs in ladoo mixture or decorate ladoo with dry fruits.
Photos for references: