Paneer with capsicum added in your sandwich ingredients makes a healthy and nutritious sandwich. It’s good option for breakfast or evening snacks. Also sometimes option for lunch or dinner if you want to eat something light with coffee or tea.
Those who like paneer and capsicum combination will definitely like this sandwich.
Preparation Time – 20 mins
Cook Time – 20 mins
Total Time – 40 mins
Ingredients for sandwich filling
- 250 grams Paneer
- 1 /2 Capsicum /Shimla Mirch
- 2 finely chopped Onion
- 2 finely chopped Tomato
- 1 teaspoon ginger -garlic- coriander paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- ½ bowl Curd
- 4-5 teaspoon oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Making sandwich
- Slices of Brown bread / Wheat bread (1 Pack)
- Green Chutney
- Butter as required
- Cheese (Optional)
- Chat masala
- Tomato sauce
Serves: 6 persons
Directions / Procedure:
A. Process to prepare sandwich filling
- First make the very small pieces of paneer like small cube or any shape and keep aside.
- Also chop capsicum in a very thin slices and keep aside.
- In a bowl, take paneer cube, curd, capsicum, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix it well and cover it with lid. Keep aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in kadai/pan on low flame gas and add finely chopped onion, saute for 2-3 minutes till the onion becomes translucent and slightly reddish.
- Add finely chopped tomato, saute till the onion and tomato becomes soft and oil start separating from the onion and tomato mixture.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and ginger-garlic-coriander leaves paste in it. Mix gently, saute the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add marinated paneer in it and mix it well. Cook the mixture for about 2-3 minutes on low flame and stir the mixture continuously.
- Here is your filling of sandwich is ready.
B. Process to prepare Paneer Tikka Sandwich
- Take two slices of wheat bread, apply green chutney and butter evenly to both slices.
- Now spread paneer tikka filling evenly on one bread and sprinkle chat masala over it and keep another bread slice on it.
- Place the sandwiches in sandwich maker and grill till it becomes crispy and looks like reddish golden brown in colour.
- Remove it from sandwich maker and serve hot with tomato sauce or green pudina chutney.
Tips / suggestions:
- Add ginger garlic paste as per your choice.
- Add another veggie like carrot, green peas, cabbage in the mixture.
- Add / adjust more spice ingredients like chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder.
Photos for reference: