The fried masala pototoes are basically served as starters. If you fry a little more it becomes crispy as well. Nice to have dish during lunch. It is commonly
known as Batatyachi Kaap in Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 20 mins
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds- owa (Ajwain)
- 2 bowl rice flour / semolina
- 1/2 small bowl coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 bowl oil for frying purpose only
Serves: 2 persons
Directions / Procedure:
- Take potatoes & peel it.
- Cut the potato in thin round shape / as per your choice
- In a big bowl take these round shape potato, add some salt and water in it, for 10 minutes keep aside.
- After 10 min wash with water and add chilly powder, turmeric powder and Ajwain. Mix it well.
- Dip this sliced potatoes in rice flour / semolina or apply rice flour / semolina from both sides.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on low flame gas. Cook the one side of potatoes for 2-3 minutes till it turns light reddish, flip the potatoes again, cook it for 2-3 minutes. Fry the potatoes from both sides.
- Serve fried patatoes with spicy green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Photos for reference: