Corn Pattice is an easy to cook recipe. It is prepared with mixture of corn, mashed potatoes and masalas. Generally prepared for evening snacks, sometimes for morning breakfast and quick snacks for kids’ tiffin too.
You’ll find this dish prepared in most of the states of India. It is also known as Corn Cutlet or Corn Tikki.
Preparation Time – 30 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 40 mins
- 4 Sweet Corn cob
- 2-3 medium size potatoes
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 5/6 green chillies
- 1 bowl coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or kaala masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- 1 bowl rice flour
- 2 bowl besan / gram flour
- Rava/Semolina for frying purpose
- Salt to taste
- 2 small bowl oil for frying purpose only
Serves: 8 persons
Directions / Procedure :
- First cook corn cob and potatoes in a pressure cooker and cool it down.
- After cooling peel potato and then smash it and keep aside.
- Then remove the corns from the cob and slightly grind it in a grinder.
- Make paste of chilly, ginger and coriander leaves.
- In a big bowl take smashed potatoes and grinded corns, add above paste and other ingredients such as coriander powder, cumin powder, Kaala masala or garam masala, turmeric powder, rice four and gram flour
- Add salt to taste. Mix the smashed potatoes and grinded corn and other ingredients very well.
- Make small heart shape or any other shape pattice as per your choice.
- Dip these pattice in rice flour/semolina or apply rice flour/semolina from both sides.
- Heat the oil in pan on low flame gas. Fry these pattice from both the sides till it turns reddish brownish.
Ready to serve with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Tips & suggestions
- If required, add more gram flour and rice flour.
- Don’t add water because while steaming the corn and potatoes they suck sufficient water and it’s enough for kneading the mixture.
- Garam masala and Kaala masala is optional, add or adjust it as per your choice.
- Add other spices as per your choice.
- You can also make this dish without potatoes.
Photos for reference: