Dosa is a breakfast recipe mainly prepared in South region of India and it also popular in other regions. I have prepared Mixed Dal Dosa by using rice and five different types of lentils (dals).
This Mixed Dal Dosa is easy to prepare and nutritious dish. For this recipe, fermentation process is not required. In South region, this dosa is called as an Adai Dosa. This dish goes well with Coconut chutney, Sambhar or Yellow batata bhaji.
Preparation Time – 30 mins
Cook Time – 30 mins
Total Time – 1 hour
- 300 gms Rice
- 150 gms Urad dal
- 100 gms Channa dal
- 50 gms Toor dal
- 50 gms Moong dal
- 50 gms Masur dal
- 1 teaspoon Methi
- ½ bowl grated coconut
- ½ bowl finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 dry Red chillies
- 1-inch Ginger
- Oil for greasing the pan
- Salt to taste
Serves: 8 persons
Directions / Procedure:
- Rinse rice and all dals in water for 3-4 times, means until water gets clear. Soak both rice and all dals separately for about 5 – 6 hours in medium pan.
- After 5-6 hours, grind the soaked rice, red chilli and ginger in a mixer separately. Add water as required and make thick smooth batter.
- Also grind all soaked dals in a mixer separately. Add water as required and make thick smooth batter.
- In a big deep pan, now mix both rice & all dal batter very well and cover it with lid. Keep the batter aside for about one hour.
- After one hour, add grated coconut, finely chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste. Again stir the batter very well.
- While stirring the batter, make sure that batter should be thick and must have pouring consistency.
- Heat the dosa pan or tawa on low flame. Grease the pan with few drops of oil by using potato.
- Take the batter in a serving spoon or ladle, pour one full ladle of batter in the centre of pan. Spread it slowly in round shape and make a thicker dosa.
- Now keep the flame medium and cook the base lightly reddish brown then flip it carefully.
- Once it cooked from both sides then remove it in a plate, like this you can make rest of the Dosa.
- Always serve hot Dosa with Coconut chutney, Sambhar or Batata Bhaji for breakfast or evening snacks.
Tips / suggestions:
- If you plan Dosa on next day morning, then you must soak the all ingredients on previous night.
- Fermentation process is not required. You can make dosa immediately or after one hour.
- If batter is unused then keep it in the fridge. Use it within 2-3 days.
Photos for reference: