The brinjal fry is commonly known Vangyachi Kaap in Maharashtra.
This dish is prepared as a side dish for lunch or dinner. It goes well
with chapatis or rotis.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 20 mins
- 2 medium size brinjals
- 2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 bowl rice flour /semolina (rava)
- Salt to taste
- 1 bowl oil for frying purpose only
Serves: 2 persons
Directions / Procedure :
- Cut the brinjals in thin round shape / as per your choice.
- In a big bowl take the brinjals and add some salt. For 10 minutes keep aside.
- After 10 mins wash with water & add chilly powder, turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Dip this in rice flour / semolina (rava) or apply rice flour / semolina from both sides.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on low flame gas. Cook the one side of brinjal for 2-3 minutes till it turns light reddish , flip the brinjals again, cook it for 2-3 minutes. Fry the brinjals from both sides.
Ready to serve with your lunch or dinner.
Photos for reference: