The fried drumsticks are very easy to cook and tasty ones. This dish is normally
prepared as a side dish for lunch or dinner. The fried drumstick dish goes well with normal Dal-rice. Drumsticks are known as Shevgachya Shenga in Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 20 mins
- 4 medium size drumsticks – Shevgyacha shenga
- 2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 bowl rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 bowl oil for frying purpose only
Serves: 3 persons
Directions / Procedure :
- Slightly peel and remove the threads of drumstick and chop the same in small pieces ( 3 inch size).
- In a big bowl take the pieces, add some salt and water in it. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 mins wash with water and add chilly powder, turmeric powder.
Mix it well.
- Dip these drumsticks in rice flour or apply rice flour from all sides.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on low flame gas. Cook the one side of drumstick for 2-3 minutes till it turns light reddish and then turn it from all the sides of the drumstick again, cook it for 2-3 minutes. Fry the drumstick from all sides.
Ready to serve for lunch or dinner.
Photos for reference: