The tomoto omelette is a very common recipe liked by most of the Maharashtrians. It is prepared a starter and taste nice with normal
chapatis and bread.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 20 mins
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 5 green chillies
- 1/2 small bowl coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 bowl besan / gram flour
- Oil for frying purpose only
Serves: 4 persons
Directions / Procedure :
- Boil tomatoes in water for 10 min on low flame gas
- Peel the tomatoes and smash it well OR take finely chopped tomatoes.
- Finely chopped onion, green chillies and coriander leaves
- Add all ingredients in bowl – smash tomatoes, onions, besan, green chillies and chilly powder (if required spicy add more), cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- With spoon or your fingers tips mix the above ingredients very well in mixing bowl
- Add little quantity of water in it if required. Mix all ingredient well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the frying pan on low flame gas and add 2 teaspoon oil, then add above batter (1 big spoon) in fry pan. Spread the mixtures in a very thin round shape and cover it with frying pan plate for 2-3 minutes. Turn the omelette and again cook it for 2-3 minutes. If you like too crispy then keep it in frying pan for more 2-3 minutes.
Ready to serve with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Photos for reference: