Have you tried any bitter gourd/karela dish before? If not, here I present how to make the bitter gourd/karela into crispy one with very less bitter taste. This dish is very easy to prepare and to be served as a side dish like pakoras/bhajjis.
This dish goes well with simple dal-rice or vegetable pulav.
Preparation Time – 15 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 25 mins
- 2 medium size bitter gourds (Karela)
- 2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 bowl rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 bowl oil for frying purpose only
Serves: 2 persons
- Remove the outer triangular ridges of the bitter gourd by using potato peeler
- Cut the bitter gourd vertically in equal size and remove the seeds
- Further cut the bitter gourd in thin vertical slice as per your choice
- In a big bowl take the bitter gourd, add some salt & water in it.
For 10 minutes keep aside
- After 10 min wash with water, add chilly powder and turmeric powder.
Mix it well
- Deep the pieces of bitter gourd in rice flour from both sides
- Heat the oil in frying pan on low flame gas
- Cook the one side of bitter gourd for 2-3 minutes means it turns light reddish (down side), then flips the bitter gourd again, cook it for 2-3 minutes
- Fry the bitter gourd from all sides
Now your Crispy Karela Fry dish is ready to serve.
Photos for reference: