Sometimes you feel like saying no to all vegetables. Then what to do. Let’s try something new with Farsan. You can actually prepare bhaji out of Farsan with very minimum ingredients. Some people prepare this recipe with Sev or Mixed Sev/ Bhujia. It is very easy to cook and quick one to prepare. But remember, this bhaji always serve hot with Bread/Pav/Chapati or Bhakri.
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 15 mins
Total Time – 25 mins
- 3 Bowl Mixed Farsan (250 gm) or
- 3 finely chopped Onions
- 4 finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Finely Chopped Coriander leaves
- 4-5 teaspoon oil
- 1 bowl water
- Salt to taste
Serves: 5 persons
Directions / Procedure:
- Heat the oil in Kadai or pan on low flame gas and add onion, saute for 5-6 minutes till the onion becomes reddish brown.
- Add finely chopped tomato, saute till the onion and tomato becomes soft and oil start separating from the onion and tomato mixture.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala powder and add one bowl water. Mix it well and saute the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the onion and tomato mixture becomes thick, add mixed farsan and salt to taste. Stir all very well and cover it with lid for few minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot with bread/pav/chapati/bhakri.
Ready to serve with your lunch or dinner.
Tips / suggestions:
- Add more spice ingredients like cumin powder, coriander powder as per your choice.
- Instead of mixed farsan use Shev (medium size) or Garlic Shev.
- You can keep the mixture of onion, tomatoes and all masalas ready. Before preparing this bhaji just heat the mixture on low flame and add some water if the mixture is dry, then add Farsan in it and mix it very well.
Photos for reference: