Our favourite Lord Ganpati Bappa has arrived as today is Ganesh Chaturthi known as his birthday. The tradition of offering Ukdiche Modak naivedhya is known to everyone. However, it takes time to prepare proper Ukdiche Modak. This year, I have tried a new method for quick preparation of modak without fire and that too within 15-20 mins. It include use of coconut and mava. The taste of this modak is delicious. I hope Ganpati Bappa will like these new modaks.
Preparation Time – 20 mins
- 1 bowl crushed coconut powder
- 1/2 bowl milk powder
- 1/2 bowl condensed milk
- 1/2 bowl mava
Directions / Procedure:
- In a deep plate, take all above ingredients and mix it very well.
- Make a soft dough of above mixture and prepared small rolls of the dough.
- In a modak mould, insert the rolls and press this rolls in mould tightly.
- Open the mould carefully and take out the modak.
- Now your modaks are ready.
Tips / suggestions:
- Condensed milk is optional.
- You can also try food colours.
- You can also add crushed dry fruits.
- Consume within 2-3 days or keep it in refrigerator.
Photos for reference: