Corn Coconut Bhaji is an easy to cook recipe. I have prepared this with by adding grated coconut and other ingredients like chilli, ginger, coriander leaves. I had tried this recipe 8 years back as a new experiment and surprisingly this recipe was successful because my family members like it very much. You’ll find this dish prepared in most of the states of India differently with various ingredients.
Preparation Time – 35 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Total Time – 45 mins
- 4 Sweet Corn cob (Maize) – 2 bowl corn kernels
- 1 bowl grated coconut
- 1/2-inch ginger
- 5/6 green chilly
- 1 bowl coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
Serves: 6-7 persons
Directions / Procedure:
- First cook corn cob in a pressure cooker and cool it down.
- Then remove the corns kernels from the cob and Keep aside
- Make a gravy of grated coconut, chilly, ginger and coriander leaves. Take all above ingredients in blender jar and add half glass of water in it, grind it well and keep the gravy aside.
- Heat the oil in kadai or pan on low flame gas, add mustard seed when these seeds begin to splutter then add curry leaves and sauté for few seconds.
- Now pour the gravy in kadai and mix it well, cook the gravy for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add corn kernels in the gravy and add salt to taste. If required, add water for adjusting the gravy thickness.
- Mix all ingredients very well and cook the corn bhaji on low flame gas for about 3 minutes
- Here your Corn Coconut Bhaji is ready to serve.
Ready to serve with Chapati, Pulkas, Roti or Bhakri
Tips & suggestions
- Adjust the green chilly and ginger in coconut gravy as per your choice.
- Adding five to six garlic cloves is optional
- Adjust the thickness of gravy by adding water.
- While making coconut gravy add spices like 1teaspoon cumin powder and 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
Photos for reference: