Fruit Yoghurt Custard is a special dessert which I had prepared on the sets of Aamhi Saare Khavayye, a cookery show on ZEE TV Marathi. This dessert is prepared using Milk, Raspberry Yoghurt, Custard, Fresh fruits & Dry fruit. It’s very easy to prepare dessert.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cook Time – 15 Mins
Total Time – 25 mins
- ½ Litre full Cream Milk (Buffalo milk)
- 4 cups Raspberry yoghurt
- Crispy wafers biscuits
- 4-5 teaspoon sugar (1 small bowl Sugar)
- 4-5 teaspoon Vanilla Custard powder
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped Almond
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped Pistachios
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped Cashews
- 1 big bowl mashed Banana
- 1 bowl small pieces of Papaya
- 1 bowl small pieces of Apple
- 1 bowl small pieces of Pomegranate
- 1 bowl small pieces of Kiwi
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
Serves: 5 persons
Directions / Procedure :
A. Process to make the Banana Custard
- Take one cup boiled milk in a bowl. Add sugar and custard powder in it. Mix all ingredients very well and keep aside for further use.
- In a thick and deep pan/kadai, keep remaining milk for boiling on a medium flame.
- Once the milk is boiled, add mashed banana, stir the mixture well for about 5-7 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the custard powder mixture in the pan and stir continuously to avoid lump formation.
- Sometime mixture may stick to the bottom of kadai/ pan while simmering. Always keep the flame low and stir the mixture continuously.
- Once the mixture start thickening, then remove the pan from frame.
- Cool down the mixture at room temperature and then keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
B. Process to make layers of Fruits, Banana Custard and Yoghurt
- Take two glasses, now pour the yoghurt in it equally means 3 teaspoons.
- Top the layer of yoghurt with chopped fruits, dry fruits and chia seeds.
- Then pour 2-3 teaspoon banana custard mixture on it and again add the fruits, dry fruits and chia seeds.
- Repeat the layer of yoghurt again.
- Finally decorate the top layer with some fruits, dry fruits and wafers biscuits.
- Here is your Fruit Yoghurt Custard is ready. Serve it as a dessert during lunch or dinner.
Tips / suggestions:
- Add and adjust dry fruits and fruits as per your choice.
- Add and adjust sugar as per your choice.
- If Banana custard mixture is more thicken then add milk as required and adjust the thickness.
- Cooking time depends on the quantity of the milk.
Photos for reference: